Monday, October 10, 2011

WHEN DINOSAURS...........

I want to share with you something special, from Rawhitiroa School where my daughter teaches, 
The senior room ( there are only two class rooms at the school) as part of their study on Dinosaurs made quilt squares and I had the job of putting them together as a wall hanging. The Wall hanging is titled "When Dinosaures ruled the earth" and it  is now hanging out at school.

 Here is the hanging, I'm sorry the photo does not do it justice  it looks much better hanging than it does lying on my floor, but it was the only way I could get it all in the photo. The squares are just amazing and all so different..

The pictures were transfered on to calico using the same method  as putting a picture on a t-shirt, then each child embelished their chosen picture using a variety of threads, fabric pieces and beads. Some stitching had to be included, here is a close up of one of my favourite squares, note the stitching on the wing
Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment